Transition to Permanent Residence

Many immigration programs privilege applicants who have a connection to Canada, whether this is represented by a Canadian educational credential, Canadian work experience, or ties to a specific province like family members, close friends, etc. Canadian international students benefit from this if they choose to pursue immigration to Canada permanently bearing in mind that they always meet the conditions of their study permit as any violation may jeopardize their legal status in Canada and hence their immigration future.

As the majority of international graduates in Canada are eligible to apply for a post-graduation work permit, they can gain valuable experience by securing an employment obtaining a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP).

The latter is an open work permit that enables the foreign students to work for different employers in different location, which in turn qualify recent graduates to gain Canadian work experience and facilitates the transition to the permanent residency status through one of these programs:

  • Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
  • Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
  • Federal Skilled Trades (FST)
  • Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP)
  • Quebec Immigration Programs

This step can be hard enough and confusing, especially with the numerous number of immigration programs and its dynamic nature. If you are an international student in Canada and want to inquire about what your options are, we are here to help.