On March 3, 2021, Québec announced the launch of three new immigration pilots over the coming weeks. The later will focus on pathways for workers in food processing, health sector and technology.
The Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI) is opening up these pilots for foreign nationals and are expected to last for a maximum of five years. The objective is to attract and retain immigrants whose skills meet shortages in Québec’s labour market.
Through each pathway, the Ministry plans to issue Québec Selection Certificates (CSQ) to up to 550 principal applicants annually. To be eligible, candidates must work in one of the sectors mentioned earlier to be selected.
Similar to any other immigration program in Québec, candidates must demonstrate specific criteria such as:
- Financial Capacity: the applicant can financially provide for himself and his family for at least three (3) months.
- Age: be at least 18 years old.
- Work Experience: the applicant must have obtained Québec work experience with legal status & have been paid and worked at least 30 hours per week.
To know more about specific eligibility requirements for each pathway:
- Pilot program for food processing workers
- Pilot program for orderlies
- Pilot program for workers in artificial intelligence, information technology and visual effects
Interested in knowing more about this program? We are here to help. You can contact us to confirm if you qualify here.