One of the most interesting immigration streams introduced by the province of New Brunswick is the Skilled Worker Stream. This provincial nominee program helps qualified candidates to transit easily to their permanent residency and settle down in this Atlantic province.
By saying qualified candidates, we mean having the work experience, education and language proficiency that qualifies the foreign national to get the support required by a New Brunswick employer. The candidate needs to prove that he is capable and willing to perform the duties and responsibilities mentioned in the job offer.
The employer support is normally expressed by a job offer that the candidate can enclose in his application of “Expression of Interest” to the province. When being nominated, the second step is to submit the application of the permanent residency to the federal government.
This program is designed to help New Brunswick employers, unable to fill job vacancies with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, recruit foreign nationals and international graduates whose skills are needed in the province.
Other than meeting the minimum eligibility requirements, candidate must prove that he:
- Intends to reside in New Brunswick.
- Has received a genuine offer of employment.
- Qualified for the position.
- Is offered a competitive wage.
- The employer is willing to support the application.
- In case the job is a regulated occupation, the candidate must be licensed/certified by the regulatory authority for that occupation.
Selection Factors: to be eligible, the candidate must have a minimum of 60 points.
- Age: 10 points.
- Official Languages: 28 points (valid test results from a designated testing organization).
- Education: 20 points (minimum of a high school diploma is required & an Educational Credential Assessment ECA).
- Work Experience: 20 points.
- Priority Sectors: 10 Points (Business service centers, education, health care, manufacturing, and transportation).
- Adaptability: 12 points, including employment, education and family members in the province.
Interested in knowing more about this program? We are here to help. You can contact us to confirm if you qualify as well as refer to the Government of New Brunswick website here.