In its fourth draw for June, Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) invites 91 candidates to apply. Invitations are divided as follows:
- Business Work Permit Entrepreneur Invitations: 20
- PEI Express Entry Invitations: 71
The number of invitations issued is not as high as other larger Canadian provinces such as Ontario and British Columbia but as Canada’s smallest province, four draws in 30 days is more than we have seen in the last 12 months.
More about these two streams is below:
Business Work Permit Entrepreneur Stream Eligibility Requirements
- Age: Be within 21-59 years of age at the time of application
- Net worth: Have a minimum net worth of $600,000
- Education: Have completed secondary education
- Work experience: Have transferable management skills and past employment or business ownership experience;
- Language ability: Meet minimum language requirements, equivalent to a CLB/NCLC 4; and
- Intention: Demonstrate intention to reside in PEI and provide day-to-day management of your PEI-based company
PEI Express Entry Stream Eligibility Requirements
The PEI has its own Express Entry stream, which manages the intake of several programs. This includes ones for applicants outside of PEI but the primary focus stays on candidates currently residing in the province.
First, an applicant must have an Express Entry profile with Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), which in turn means being eligible under one of the three streams that the Federal Express Entry system manages. Then, the candidate must create a separate application to PEI’s Express Entry system.
Interested in knowing more about these programs? We are here to help. You can contact us to confirm if you qualify as well as refer to the Government of Prince Edward Island website here.