On December 1, 2020, British Columbia’s provincial nominee program (BC PNP) sent invitations to 68 tech workers through the Tech Pilot and 11 entrepreneurs candidates were also selected through the Entrepreneur Immigration – Base Category.
The score for the lowest ranking tech worker was 80 points on the BC PNP points selection grid. The lowest ranking entrepreneur was 121.
Entrepreneur immigration in British Columbia
Entrepreneur immigration is ideal for candidates with business/management experience and access to capital. These programs are designed for candidates that might not qualify through more traditional skilled worker programs because of their age, lack of language proficiency or education.
To be eligible for the Entrepreneur Immigration – Base Category, you must meet the following requirements:
- A personal net worth of at least CAD$600,000
- Business and/or management experience
- Already have or be eligible for legal immigration status in Canada
- Be able to demonstrate language proficiency in either English or French equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or higher
If you meet the requirements listed above, you must also intend to start or purchase a business in BC. The requirements are:
- Establish an eligible new business or purchase and improve an existing business
- Make an eligible personal investment of at least CAD$200,000 in the business
- Create at least one new full-time job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident in the business
BC PNP Tech Pilot
The Tech Pilot is a dedicated pathway to permanent residence for tech workers who have job offers in BC. It offers prioritized processing and a dedicated concierge that provides information to both applicants and employers to help them navigate the immigration process.
Interested in knowing more about this program? We are here to help. You can contact us to confirm if you qualify here.