In an attempt to make the immigration system more efficient and to be completely virtual, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has been developing tools and practices. This final product has come to life recently.
On April 1, 2021, IRCC launched an online permanent residence application portal. The immigration process was digitized in a way to make a random selection of permanent residency applicants in specific programs:
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) – Non-Express Entry
- Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP)
- Agri-Food Pilot
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP)
- Quebec Selected Investor Program
- Quebec Entrepreneur Program
- Quebec Self-Employed Persons Program
While it is still acceptable to submit paper applications under the mentioned above programs. However, IRCC will be phasing in the portal (online applications) and is also working toward digitizing other paper-based programs.
Interested in knowing more about these programs? We are here to help. You can contact us to confirm if you qualify as well as refer to the Government of Prince Edward Island website here.