Over the years, Express Entry proved to be an efficient and time-saving immigration program for specific economic classes (on the Federal level). Since it was launched in January 2015, it definitely achieved its goals. Applications were completed in as fast as 6 months!
Classes covered by Express Entry are:
- Federal Skilled Workers program (FSW)
- Federal Skilled Trades program (FST)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
What makes it easy and simple is being an online application where no need to go through the hassle of completing a paper-based application, mailing your files from overseas, and the waiting time until you get a feedback. What if some document was missing!
The name is self-explanatory, ‘Express’, yet the candidate needs to meet the criteria to be eligible to enter the pool of candidates. Yes! There is a pool. And by meeting the eligibility requirements for at least one of the categories, you qualify, and then you will be placed in the pool for a period of one year.
These criteria are:
- Education (in/outside Canada)
- Work Experiece (in/outside Canada)
- Language ability (English and/or French)
- Arranged employment (a job offer, etc)
- Adaptability (having relatives in Canada, worked or studied in Canada,etc)
- Intended place of residence (which province)
However, to be chosen and sent an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for the Permanent Residency (PR), one need to meet or exceed the Comprehensive Ranking Score (CRS) cut-off. (a subject we’ll discuss further in Part 2).
The table below shows some exciting as well as encouraging numbers. It indicates the invitations issued to candidates in 2018 by economic immigration program.
|ITA Date||CRS Cut-off||CEC||FSW||FST||Total|
But if you are a statistics person and want to dig in more, feel free to check the Government of Canada website here. Who knows! You may decided to give one of those programs a try!