On March 2, 2021, Ontario’s provincial nominee program (OINP) conducted a draw targeting applicants under the Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream.
CRS score range: 463-467
Number of invitations: 754
Targeted occupations for this draw:
- 0122 – Banking, credit and other investment managers
- 0124 – Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- 0125 – Other business services managers
- 0601 – Corporate sales managers
- 1111 – Financial auditors and accountants
- 1112 – Financial and investment analysts
- 1121 – Human resources professionals
- 1122 – Professional occupations in business management consulting
- 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 4163 – Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants
To receive an invitation from this latest draw, an applicant must have:
- an active Express Entry profile,
- have the required CRS score and
- have at least 1 year of work experience in last 5 years in one of the above targeted occupations.
Applicants who received a notification of interest through their Express Entry portal must submit an application to Ontario via the OINP online portal within 45 days. Upon submission of the nomination application, applicants are required to remit a non-refundable processing fee of $1,500CAD. This processing fee is considerably higher than any other province and reflects the international demand for the OINP.
On receiving nomination from Ontario, candidates will receive an additional 600 CRS points, essentially guaranteeing their selection from the federal Express Entry system.
Ontario’s Human Capital Priorities stream do not always target the same occupations. The province previously targeted occupations in finance, health, business, among other occupations. In 2020, Ontario invited a total of 6,716 Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination through the Human Capital Priorities stream.
Interested in knowing more about this program? We are here to help. You can contact us to confirm if you qualify here.