Open Work Permit

International Experience Canada

International Experience Canada (IEC) program gives youth the opportunity to travel and work in Canada. An interested individual can submit an Expression of Interest, and if eligible, he will be entered in one or more pools of candidates.

To be a part of this program:

  • The candidate’s country or territory of citizenship must have an agreement with Canada that allows you to apply for an IEC work permit OR
  • The candidate may be able to use a recognized organization (RO).

This program has three sub-categories: Working holiday, which requires an open work permit. Whereas the other two sub-categories are young professionals and international co-op (internship) and require employer-specific work permit.